This small, inexpensive craft has seriously changed my relationship with my husband for the better. We are both much happier and feel loved, all because of 5 small seconds of time in the mornings.
|CHANGED MY LIFE, PEOPLE!|
(Sorry for the crap picture.)
- Frame in size of choice
- Scrapbook paper (2 or more designs)
- Mod Podge
- Dry erase markers
- Choose the background for your project and cut it to size.
- Use a die-cutter to cut out your phase (or, if you're way more awesome than me, you can freehand or stencil.)
- Put a thin layer of Mod Podge over the place your phrase and any embellishments you have will go, and quickly place them. Seriously, yall, this stuff dries FAST.
- Once placed and glue is dried, cover the entire piece with 2 layers of Mod Podge and let dry.
- Pop into frame, and display in a place you and your significant other will see everyday.
- FEEL THE LOVE!
I went totally cheap-o on this project and used a beat up Wal-Mart frame I had lying around. I touched it up with some black craft paint and then put 3 coats of sealant on it for protection.
Every morning before leaving for work Matthew leaves me a little something to wake up to, and then I return the favor for when he comes home. Sometimes it's a sweet little "because you make me the happiest person alive" and sometimes it's a simple "because you take out the trash without complaint." It can be silly! One morning I woke up to "because you have such a funny way of saying things!" meaning my southern way of saying "oil" and "Monday" (pronounced without the "i" and "Mondee").
It's my favorite thing to wake up to. I didn't realize the spring it would put in my step. After an argument, when I'm still pretty agitated, I make it a point to look at it and remind myself how trivial the stuff we argue over is. I mean come on! I have a man who loves me because make the bed every morning! :)